My Tryst with 2020!

 

My Diary 2020




Hello Year 2020, now that you are about to go in 2 days, I wish to have a relook at what all have you been to me!

I wish to thank you for all that you could get done out of me. To begin with, you started provoking me on the eve of 31st December,2019 itself to have a pause, take stock of my life, decide whether I wish to continue on the same journey. Though the people and their actions were forcing me for quite some time to think over the possibility of changing tracks, you made it so quick through reflective dialogues and arguments that I could take a call. Yes! It took me a fortnight but I was able to take one major decision of my life; to resign from my current job and rediscover myself. You know, it was not easy by any means. You help build up something, excel in that, create an identity and then leave it all at once and for all. You made me experiment with spirituality. Spirituality says, if you are not attached to someone, some place, some work and you can live as happily as ever with or without it, you are a free soul. I was exploring the degree of my freedom. And I discovered I am happier and freer than before. Thank you so much for helping me reclaim my freedom!

By the time I could completely claim my freedom, pandemic had broken out. All those possibilities, I had visualized to explore were just put on hold. Though it was not fair on your part, I took it in stride because I was not alone in this. Since it was impacting the entire world and I am just a dot in the immenseness of universe, I accepted your unfairness. During those times when you put us all locked down, you persuaded me to experiment with different activities. Though I am an avid reader, I could seldom get time to try my hands on writing. You inspired me to take baby steps into writing and to my bewilderment I discovered that I actually can write well. People connect with me and like my blogs. Hence the Blog Growing Up With Life was born. https://growinupwithlife.blogspot.com/

Simultaneously, you pushed me to take a course on Family Engagement in Education from Harvard X (EdX). This course helped me appreciate the importance of constructive family engagement in schools so that the children can be nurtured, nourished and supported to be at their best.

But so much learning, reading and writing could not engage me the entire day. As you could see I have been a person talking to people, reaching out to people, adding value to each other’s lives so you inspired me again to experiment with YouTubing and much to your credit, after a lot of trials, failures and retakes, I became good at it. Thank you so much. You helped me discover a YouTuber in me. Currently I am adding value to the lives of Young Parents with my Vlogs (video blogs) on Parenting. http://www.youtube.com/c/AnjuArora I am loving it; sharing practical insights and research based strategies for their every day struggles as parents.

And you know 2020, despite your unfairness on both personal and  global level; I must admit that I started loving you by May. Forced lockdown provided so much time for self-discoveries and reinventing, I tried my hands on creating digital legacies. And whoaaa I have been able to create an online course; The Art of Effective Parenting. It had not been easy to learn, going digital with all aspects of my life, yet Blogging, YouTubing, Facebook Live, YouTube Live, you pushed me through every single digital opportunity to discover Digital Me.

Despite the confusions, frustrations, chaos, uncertainity, economic setbacks, gloomy news and negative vibrations all around, you did not allow me to lose my focus for a single second. Every morning, you woke me up with a task for the day and kept reminding that the purpose of my life is to add value to the society. Rather through unprecedented uncertainity being witnessed all around, you created an urgency to live life purposefully, every single day.

So, I thought, before you bid adieu in two days, let me share with you that what matters at the end of the day through such a cataclysmic year is the Happiness of Surviving. And I have not only survived, you have helped me discover Stronger Me and More Committed to the Cause.

Thank You Year 2020.

What I owe you shall definitely be paid forward.

Goodbye! You shall always be remembered with mixed feelings!




 

Comments

  1. Exactly! We should really be thankful to all the challenges and bitter experiences of life because they are meant to discover the real us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ranjana Chauhan for sharing your take.
      True, tough times coupled with courage to accept the challenges help us to become a better version of the self.
      It is correctly said that even the darkest cloud has a silver lining. What happens outside is beyond our control but what happens within is very much in our control. A strong focus within is the key.

      Delete
  2. Exactly! We should be really thankful to our challenges and bitter experiences of life because they help to discover the real we!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment