We are Missing You Students!! - A note from all teachers.



We are Missing You Students!!
         - A note from all teachers.



Dear Students

I am choosing to write this note to you to share with you and putting it on record that I am badly missing you all. You know, my existence as a teacher was complemented by you as a student to make us both complete.

Online classes are going on but that does not make me feel human. My classes were live because we had live energy exchange going on every single moment. I am missing every moment of my life with you.. starting from your chorus singing - gooood morniiiiing ma’am, your entering into class running and panting because you had missed the school bus, sometimes just not listening to your name and not answering to your roll call and then my looking up…staring straight into your face and calling out your name even louder, and your partner on the desk nudging you to listen to me. Those were beautiful moments full of life.

I am recalling with much joy, all those small little pranks and mischiefs that you played in the middle of the ongoing serious explanation of ‘French Revolution” or ‘Factors of Production’.  As I grew up into more mature teacher, I understood your pranks were perhaps the need to get a small break in the middle of so much new learning so I started structuring breaks into my lesson plans itself. You remember, at times pranks irritated me to the bone but I just tried maintaining my balance and you exchanged glances or even cunning smiles with your class mates. That was your turn to be irritated that why is she not giving in to lecturing and of course entertaining mode. You know, we were both growing together.

I specially miss my lunch time with you as your class teacher. The aroma of so many deliciously cooked and fondly packed lunches for you and your pestering requests to taste a bite from yours. I knew all your favorites by heart and you knew mine. Right??

I am missing your curious questions in the middle of the class on ‘Natural Resources’ and I miss your testing questions too in the middle of the Geography class when you decided to test my knowledge by asking the factual questions as to.. distance between the earth and the sun, the exact size of the continents or the name of the latest star discovered. You helped me to do my home work more sincerely and I started coming with the names of the sites or the links where you could find answers to all your queries. After all I was no encyclopaedia.

And before I close my note of “Missing You Very Much”, I must share my children that I enjoyed your ingenious plans to bunk the class or go on a detour on ‘loo’ permission. I am missing your creative excuses as they reassured me that your minds were working and your brains developing. All I needed was to redirect your energy and brain in to the right direction. On line classes don’t give me an opportunity to rest assured and that is sad.

Should I ask you a question my dear students? Do you ever miss me? I am waiting to listen to your answers, every single one of you. By the time the pandemic is over and we see each other live in the class rooms, choose to be good to your parents, help them around. Times are tough and money is tight so your being on your empathetic best will keep both of you strong and stable. I am sure together we all shall come out of it. Practice your online lessons yet remember life doesn’t happen online. ‘Online’ is a part of life. So choose to prepare yourself for life.

Eagerly waiting to see you all.

With much love

Your Ma’am

Comments

  1. Miss you so much ma'am. Specially , when you are sharing life morals after a class presentation based on the topic. We miss you standing in our class and monitoring us while on rounds . You had the most interactive sessions with our class. Some students of our class approaching you and asking for preparation holidays for even 50 or 40 marks test and you politely explaining them not to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dear Unknown though I would have loved to know who you are. As teachers how much we love our children, can only be felt and words are never sufficient to convey that feeling.
      God bless you my child!!

      Delete
  2. Really as I teacher now after reading this blog I m feeling that what and how much we are loosing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dear unknown, yeahh for sure.. as teachers we are loosing and missing the classrooms interactions and vibrancy which made us all humane!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot mam for reminding me all such beautiful moments

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also missing you alot mam...you always used to say that when you will leave school you will get to know what actually life is and today when we are going to face life Challenges your every lesson every teaching make us on right path...Your coming into our class and noticing each one sometimes scolding us on what we are doing, your lectures that we used to have earlier they were boring for us but now we understand there was a reason behind your every lecture so that our minds could work in a right path...Coming in your office was so much terrifing that before coming we have to think what we have done wrong but now i miss that
    You were the best part of my school life and i am never going to forget that..Your words are still in my hearts when you said dont miss me always remember me ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Manjot Kaur.
      i am glad you can relate to it directly.

      Delete
  5. Yes Mam, we MISS YOU A LOT.....We too miss your scoldings and your assembly speeches.How could we not miss You Mam?That's impossible!!! We hope to see you again when situations are much better and hope to listen you again....-with love-Vanshika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you a lot ma'am. You are my role model and very important person in my life. You always looks upon me as your daughter and takes lot of interest in solving my personal as well as school problems. You are a great source of motivation to me ma'am . Every time you enriched us with your knowledge able posts. I m eagerly waiting to work with u again ma'am .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Harprabhjot Kaur for your kind words.

      God bless you!!

      Delete

Post a Comment